Drumming and Drum Circle have some amazing benefits, some of them have been mentioned below,
- Energizes & Leads to Well Being. Drum Circles lead to improved state of well-being for everybody. It energizes, elevates the group and leaves the participants with a positive and happy feeling.
- Makes you happy. Drumming releases endorphins, encephalin and Alpha waves in the brain, which are associated with general feelings of well-being and euphoria.
- Drumming increases concentration and focus. Drumming is a means to integrate mind, body and spirit.
- Induces deep relaxation. In one study,blood samples from participants who participated in an hour-long drumming session revealed a reversal in stress hormones.
- Releases negative feelings. Drumming is a self-expression tool. You can literally drum out your feelings. When held, negative emotions can form energy blockages. The physical stimulation of hitting the drums can help remove those blockages. Drumming is used therapeutically to help addicts deal with their emotions.
- Reduces Stress Levels. Researches on drumming have shown that Drumming Reduces blood pressure and stress hormones.
- Boosts Confidence. Playing drums spreads positive vibrations, helps people Boosts Confidence.
- Creates a sense of connectedness. Drumming circles and group drumming classes provide an opportunity for “synchronicity” in that you connect with your own spirit at a deeper level while also connecting with other like-minded people.
- Aligns your body and mind with the natural world. The Greek origin of the word “rhythm” is “to flow.” Drumming allows you to flow with the rhythms of life by simply feeling the beat.
- Puts you in the PRESENT MOMENT. While drumming you are moving your awareness toward the flow of life. When you are flowing with the rhythm of life you cannot be caught up in your past or worrying about your future.
- Allows for personal transformation. Drumming stimulates creative expression. When you drum in a group, you get to express your-self. It is a great way for people to explore their creativity, which leads to greater bonding, understanding of themselves and others.
- Improves communication skills. Encourages people to listen and communicate effectively with each other.
- Drum Circle brings everyone together, Breaking all the barriers of age, gender, ability, language, religion.
- Therauptic Benefits of Drum Circles are tremendous. Group Drumming has positive effects on our health and has helps to improve conditions of stress, fatigue and anxiety, hypertension, autism, needs of challenged individuals, asthma, chronic pain, arthritis, mental illness, addiction and even cancer. Drum circles therapies are widely used across the world as interventions for Alzheimer’s, Dementia, treating specially abled kids and a lot more….
- Boosts your immune system. Studies show that drumming circles boost the immune system. Dr.Barry Bittman, MD, neurologist and President of the Yamaha Music & Wellness Institute, has shown that group drumming actually increases natural T-cells, which help the body combat cancer as well as other viruses.
Occasions for Drum Circles
Drum circles can compliment to a variety of purposes and occasions for all age groups with great benefits.
They go well from Just for Fun events to the most Strategic Kind of discussions in the Board rooms.
- Family Celebrations : Birthday Parties, Marriages, Family Get-togethers
- For Kids : Rhythmic activity for Kids, Fun activity, Celebrations, Daily activity for kids to increase mind, body coordination and improve rhythmic and musical sense
- At Schools & Colleges : Celebrations – Children’s Day, Teachers Days, Parents Days, Just for Fun Events, for Teachers, Fresher’s parties, College Festivals, Alumni Meets
- Training Programs : A complete Training Program for various themes can be developed using Drum Circles and Musical Interventions : Employee Induction programs, Team Building Programs
- For Corporates / Organizations
Employees: Employee engagement, Team Building, Stress Management, Motivational programs, Fun activities, Morale boosting exercises.
At Conferences & Training Programs: Ice breaker sessions, Trainings, Energizers, Experiential Learning Modules, Kick starting any events or conferences.
As Marketing & Promotions: Brand Launches, Promotions, Customer meets, Vendor Meets.
For Top Management: Strategic Discussion Forums, Programs for Senior & Top management, Pre-Board Room Meetings
- Drum Circles Energize & Leads to Well Being
- Makes you happy
- Drumming increases concentration and focus
- Induces deep relaxation
- Facilitates Negative Releases
- Reduces Stress Levels
- Boosts Confidence
- Creates a sense of connectedness
- Aligns your body and mind with the natural world
- Puts you in the PRESENT MOMENT
- Allows for personal transformation
- Improves communication skills
- Drum Circle brings everyone together
- Therauptic Benefits of Drum Circles are tremendous
- Boosts your immune system